Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Change of Scenery

My mom was not happy when she couldn't see ALL of Gracie in her video and pictures because the trees were in the way. I love the new background...reminds me of Halloween! It isn't even mid-September and I am already itching to decorate for Halloween. Matt and I have been talking about what we want to dress up as. Definitely dressing up this year....any ideas?

Anyhow, I haven't actually WRITTEN anything for a while so I thought I would catch up. Texas has been good to us so far. I have made some friends at church and others at barbecues and so forth. One of my favorite people is one of Matt's classmates wives (From Fort Knox). Her name is Shannon and she is always fun to talk to.

I have been keeping busy with missionary work. I have been on more exchanges in the last week than I have in all of my adult life. We were stood up twice....sad. But, it's the willingness to go and share the gospel that earns brownie points, right? Ha ha.... I have also been feeding the missionaries a lot while Matt has been away. I signed up to feed them once a week. I hope they don't mind my cooking; they are going to get a lot of it this month!

Grace is still destroying anything and everything she can get her hands on. Luckily, we have very few boxes left in the house. But, she discovered the garbage can this week and has been "putting her toys away" in it. She just stares at me while I put her toys away in her room...but the garbage can is so much more interesting to her.

Any time I open the front door, she makes a B-line for it. She absolutely LOVES to be outside. She loves to run down the driveway...adrenaline junkie in the making.

Matt is working himself to death at the NTC. He calls every day for about 5 minutes and every day his voice is more gruff from exhaustion. He has a long way to go...keep him in your prayers. I know he'll do just fine...but it doesn't hurt to have a little extra help.

My Scentsy business is at a bit of a standstill. I had two parties cancel on me this week. Busy moms trying to get organized and all... BUT, I have one scheduled for this Friday night and I am told that about 15 people have sworn to be there. (Crossing my fingers!) I'm trying to make a certain sales goal and I am depending on this party to carry me there. Come on Jana, I'm counting on you!

I am currently working on finishing the last decorative touches on my living room. We were able to buy "adult furniture" for the first time! No more Love Sac and Futon!!! Woo Woo! I will post pictures when it is finished. Promise.

That's about it. Hope you enjoyed reading my ramblings.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for real furniture!It's so much better than hand-me-downs or futons. I like your new background. It's not too Halloween-ish, but still seasonal enough. I put up all my Halloween stuff the last day of August. I guess I was just ready for a change, besides they've had Christmas up at Hobby Lobby since June. My sister in FL. is also doing a lot of missionary work. I don't know what's wrong with all of us in Utah. Guess we just get lazy. Good luck with your party. Hopefully once people know you sell it you'll keep busy with orders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were at Joann's the other day I ventured down the Halloween aisle. They had Obama, Hillary, Bush II, and McCain masks. I put on Obama and Rachel started crying. Amelia just chewed on his nose. Anyway, I was thinking you and Matt could be McCain and Obama. Of course Gracie might not like the masks and your faces would get really hot, sweaty and plastic-smelling.
    Okay, your instructions on posting a playlist:
    Go to playlist.com, create an account, search for music, click on the plus sign to add a tune (make sure you play it first, sometimes the links don't work),. In the upper right corner, click on post my playlist (click on f, get code for other), click on your playlist (you can then change playlist color, select auto start, I like mine to shuffle so it's not always on the same song), click on get code. You then add it to your side bar as a gadget (HTML add on). I just copy and paste it in. Let me know if you have problemos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for Halloween too. I love this time of year. We're actually going to in Utah this year for Halloween and I can't wait to see the fall colors. Give Gracie a squeeze for me! She's too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! New furniture is always a treat. Gracie is too cute. Kids do love to be outside!

    ReplyDelete