Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Skinny Jeans!!!

While Matt was away, he and I decided to work out and eat better and surprise each-other with the results. But, I wasn't as faithful to my routine and to be honest, there wasn't much of a difference in how I looked or felt.

But, I was determined to start that challenge over again when we moved here. I have limited chores so I couldn't come up with excuses not to take care of myself. I have been working out 4 times a week at home with the fluidity bar my mom gave me when I had Grace back in August. I used it a few times before and I didn't ever really feel "the burn" so I stopped. As of today, I don't know how much I weigh...I don't know my measurements...but I do know that this morning I was feeling a little adventurous and tried to put on my Skinny Jeans. (No, not those horrid skin tight jeans that have become trendy, I mean the jeans you wear on the days you have a spring in your step because you feel thinner than usual.) Needless to say, a miracle occurred and THEY FIT! I still have a bit of a pooch under my belly, but my buns and thighs have really taken on a new shape because of the Fluidity workout. I am so excited!

My mom helped me buy a jogging stroller yesterday, and I now have even more determination to get out there and run by buns off! As soon as it stops pouring rain here in Kentucky, you can trust that I'll be outside with Grace as my partner running around Fort Knox Army base. Yee Haw! I'll post pictures sometime to show the progression of ME since I had Grace. Other than that, the fun things happening in our family are that Grace is starting to pull herself inches at a time while on her belly. One day I just know I'll see you take off and I won't be able to keep up! She is such a ham for the camera, always batting her blue eyes at me.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog came up on a "fluidity" search.. Of course us girls all know exactly what you mean by skinny jeans right off the bat, and just wanted to say congrats on your success! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mandy! That really is an accomplishment. I am so frustrated right now because my weight has plateaued and even though I lost the baby weight from Kate I am still chunky in places. Maybe it's something I am going to have to live with but I would rather not. Anyway, congrats on fitting into your skinny jeans! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the Mom body a frustrating thing. I am celebrating not being pregnant this year by running lots. Let me know how you like your jogger. We need to get one.

    ReplyDelete