Monday, March 10, 2008

Being a Mom

Before having children, I was so excited about teaching my kids this and that, whatever it may be. Now, I find that I am the one being taught. I didn't realize how worried I would be about whether or not my children rolled over at 3.5 months of age. But now I spend time every day trying to coax Grace to roll over. I didn't realize how tired I would be, but now I sleep about 50 percent as much and rarely feel rested. But, the best thing is how in love I am with my family. Tears come to my eyes at least once a day when I stare at Grace and she looks back at me with her big blue eyes. I can't help but laugh sometimes when she cries, because it is just more evidence that she really does exist and that right now Matt and I are her nurturers.

Grace has such personality. She often squeaks just to hear her own voice. Her legs are always kicking. Her hands are always reaching. Her eyes always watching. I hope she knows one day how much she is loved. I hope she feels that no matter what obstacles she may face, she can always come home and with open arms we will try to lessen her pain, her grief, and her disappointments.

Bottom line, I love being a mom. And I hope I can continue to be one for my children long after they've started their own families.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could discover yours! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete