Friday, July 11, 2008

Family Time

Our little family arrived home just the other day from a trip to visit Matt's family. He hadn't seen most of them since January, and since I had just spent some time with my family we spent every waking moment with them. (My apologies to my family since we drove straight through town).

Anyhow, we went up to Island Park, ID and spent time with his sisters family, his parents and his brother Mark. Eventually we caught up with everyone in the Merrill family. We had a great time. We lounged a bit, Matt did a few projects at the cabin, we cooked dutch oven style, Matt started HUGE campfires, we played in the creek, went to West Yellowstone, ate ice cream... The list goes on and on.

We also saw a few movies. Matt's parents babysat for us so we could go on a date. We hadn't been on one since Christmas! Thanks a million, Mom Merrill! We saw King Fu Panda, which we both loved. We also saw Wall-E while we were home. We played a lot of dominoes, too.

I must say the highlight of the trip was seeing Matt play with Grace in the pool in Brigham City. She hadn't ever been in a pool before, and we had bought her a big floaty toy. He dunked her under a few times and splashed with her. They had an enormous amount of fun. I am so glad he was able to be there for her first time in the water. I could tell it meant a lot to him.

So, now we are home in Texas. It is blasted hot and humid. We are still trying to get all of our projects done. I spent most of the day cleaning doors and baseboards. Matt has been working on the lawn and planting a tree in our front yard. Grace has been keeping us busy by constantly climbing on the fireplace. We are one busy family. We don't have any of our household goods yet. They will be delivered next Wednesday. I can't wait! Christmas in July! We have so many things we got as gifts for our wedding that we have yet to open. I am so excited to finally use our fancy towels and hang my pictures on the wall.

I am going to wait to post pics until we have everything in place, because the house doesn't really look like a home yet. Just empty square rooms with little personality.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you made it to Idaho/Utah safe and back to Texas. Hooray for unopened wedding gifts, we have a few of those too and it's almost been six years! You must post some pictures of Grace. Can't wait to see your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you were in Island Park and didnt' even call me! I was in St. Anthony which is only 30 minutes for there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a great trip. You guys deserve it. I love those whirlwind trips when you do everything. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun. We can't wait until we have a home to fix up and decorate. Maybe in October we will be doing the same thing you are doing now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy, I drive through Brigham City everyday and I think of you guys. I'm so glad that I found your blog! Now it will be a little easier to keep tabs on you. Grace is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete