Monday, June 16, 2008

Moving to Texas

Matt came home on Saturday with good news and bad news. Fortunately for me, both ended up being pretty good news! He passed his BIG test, but his Airborne training was cancelled. So, what that means is that he will driving to Texas with us, and he won't have to leave to go to training! I would have been down there alone with Grace for nearly a month before seeing him again. But, I know Matt is a little disappointed because he has always wanted to do Airborne training...his time will come.

That is all that's new with us. I will post pictures of his graduation when we get everything set up at home. We leave this Friday afternoon. I am so excited! My mom is flying in this Wednesday, too. She is driving down with us and gets to see our house! Hopefully they both like it as much as I do.

Bye all! I probably won't have time or news to post until Texas.

5 comments:

  1. Woo Hooo!!! That is sooo exciting for you mandy! I bet you can hardly wait. I am glad you get Matt back early, I am sorry he is sad about training, but all in good time hu.. Congrats! Get ahold of me when you get settled. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent news for you. I tried to explain the cancelation to Patrick and he is very confused. Guess he'll have to call Matt for the details. I'm excited for you to get settled in your new home and to have some normalcy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mandy-
    Just wanted to stop by and say Hello..Grace is beautiful and she is growing up fast!!! Glad to hear Matt passed his training...that's too bad Airborne training got canceled, but good for you right!! Shane's gone to Warrior Forge right now and he wanted an Airborne slot so bad as well, he is still waiting to see if anyone drops out, how come Matt's got canceled??? Anyways hope the move to Texas goes well, take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was relieved when Jay didn't get a ranger slot, even though I was also heartbroken because he was. I don't want to be alone for two months with a newborn and a toddler!!

    Good luck on the move!

    (By the way, if you want to be invited to my blog, as it has just occurred to me that you aren't,
    email me: jelyfisher@gmail.com.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe you left us. It's not the same here without you. I hope you are doing good in Texas.

    ReplyDelete