Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hallelujah!


I thought I should let all of you know that Grace has been sleeping through the night for the last 6 days! I started putting her on a strict schedule. Feeding times are not negotiable, PJ time is not negotiable, and now scripture time is not negotiable either. I took the advice of two people...my Grandma Barlow and my friend Chelsea. I was nursing Grace just before bed, but I switched it up a bit and now feed her full of cereal and fruit before bed. She sleeps like a tank! (Her Daddy would love that metaphor!)

As for Matthew...I haven't seen or heard from him in over a week now and the time for him to return home is inching closer every hour. I can't wait to see him and find out what our future holds. I will, as promised, fill you all in as soon as I know anything.

P.S. Here is another picture of Grace. She is starting to let go and stand on her own for a split second before falling onto her caboose. (Or, as Lacey calls it, her Tookus...not quite sure I spelled that right!)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Getting them to sleep through the night is a wonderful accomplishment! Don't you love this phase of walking and moving. It is interesting to watch them explore. Enjoy your night sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tight routines are totally the way to go. I'm a little embarassed about my HUGE post of advice. lol. I'm glad you've figured things out, though.

    Good job getting through this separation without Matt. I hate it when daddy's gone. It's miserable for little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! That is the best news ever. I need to call you and get the low-down on Army life. I am so nervous for the change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Merrills. I wanted to say hi and that I am excited to find your blog. Your Grace is REALLY cute! She looks like a lot of fun. I just wanted to say that you are brave people and wonderful examples. Matt for doing what he is doing and you for moving and supporting him and being alone. I can see the wonderful blessings that will come from this though. I saw pictures of the Mil. Sci. History trip on the Smiths and it made me think of you guys. We loved that trip and would love to go again. Glad your doing well. By the way you left us hanging what is the future holding for you?

    ReplyDelete